The Construction Technology certificate provides an introduction to the process of construction from start to finish, including the application of Massachusetts State Building Code, experience using computer assisted drafting software, and building materials and testing. Unique to this program is the integration of principles, practices, standards, and materials necessary to ensure sustainable construction which address environmental issues and renewable energy use. In addition, students have the opportunity to complete the certificate with the selection of two electives from a selection of construction, business, and environmental technology courses.
The coursework in the Construction Technology certificate may be helpful in obtaining the knowledge and skills necessary to pass the Massachusetts Construction Supervisors Exam.
This occupational profile is provided by O*NET.
Completion of a program is based on full time enrollment. Many of our students attend part time and may not complete within the one year timeline.
Upon completion of the Construction Technology certificate, students are able to:
- Apply basic construction knowledge and skills.
- Integrate sustainable and renewable energy standards, methods and materials to residential and commercial building construction projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry standard tools for effective building practices including software, code implementation, and interpretation.
- Prepare basic working drawings for building construction using computer assisted drafting with AutoCAD software.
- Use basic business practices and principles for the execution of a construction project.