Students in the Graphic Design certificate develop foundation skills for understanding the language of design. This language is applied through learning to use the latest, industry standard graphic and web design software.
Completion of a program is based on full time enrollment. Many of our students attend part time and may not complete within the one year timeline.
Upon completion of the Graphic Design Certificate, students are able to:
- Demonstrate the application of visual language through proficient use of basic design and production skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer operation and page layout software applications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in drawing and image software applications.
- Use the Internet and integrate Internet text and images in design media.
- Prepare designs for print and/or web production.
- Create and evaluate visual form in response to solving communication problems, including basic understanding and application of design elements, composition, typography, hierarchy, organization and the creation of meaningful images.