Information Technology Certificate
Students learn networking theory, planning, design, installation, support, troubleshooting, and administration of a wired and wireless network through the use of lecture and hands-on labs. This certificate provides knowledge and experience for various industry recognized certification exams.
Students completing the Information Technology Networking certificate are well trained to work as network technicians and network administrators. Students are encouraged to build on the certificate program to earn a degree at the College.
Completion of a program is based on full time enrollment. Many of our students attend part time and may not complete within the one year timeline.
Upon successful completion of the Information Technology Networking certificate, students are able to:
- Read, write, discuss, and think critically about topics and ideas in information and/or office technology.
- Analyze ethical issues and apply ethical standards in the performance of responsibilities in a variety of information and office technology careers.
- Work with teams in an information or office technology setting.
- Synthesize information from documentation and users to solve business problems and provide customer service.
- Obtain entry-level positions in the networking field.
- Continue in the Information Technology associate degree program.